Edwards Lifesciences Program Manager (PMP, Medical Device, New Product Development) in Irvine, California
Initiates, plans, executes, controls and manages all aspects of project(s) to ensure ultimate project success.
• Owns one or more Project Management Office (PMO) continuous improvement activities
• Manages large scale to enterprise-wide projects within program
• Facilitates the creation and approval of business cases within the program, and coordinates the sharing and prioritization of resources among projects
• Develops a high-level milestone plan for the program and manages program change in accordance with the change management plan to control scope, quality, schedule, cost, and contracts
• Executes program plans (quality, risk, communication, staffing, etc.) and communicate program status and data in order to maintain accurate and current program information for the use of stakeholders
• Serves as a project and program management subject matter expert , including guiding and mentoring project managers; sourcing and directing contract resources tied to projects within the program; and develops expertise in a business process, professional discipline, market or product
• Establishes and maintains program stakeholder relationships, expectations, and communications, both internal and external to the organization
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Life Science related field
Hands on experience managing new product development projects and/or programs
Project Management Professional (PMP) or PMP course
Master's Degree or equivalent
Scrum Master certification
Six Sigma green belt or higher certification
• Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite and related project management systems
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Expert understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to managing multiple projects within an overall program
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Excellent understanding and work experience with project budgets and financial management
• Strong leadership skills and ability to influence change
• Experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with management and executive stakeholders
• Experience within a regulated environment
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including external representatives and participating and presenting at meetings
• Ability to provide guidance to others on area of expertise
• Ability to lead meetings with external representatives
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.