Edwards Lifesciences Production Manager, Marketing in Irvine, California
Identify all aspects of product development from project inception through first commercial launch, document and help manage the development and introduction of new products and technologies in order to achieve and maintain market leadership
• Lead overall management for product line portfolio, feed product development pipeline with new opportunities and line extensions targeted at sustaining continued strategic growth
• Actively participate in technical team meetings and drive product design requirements using voice of customer inputs
• Responsible for product portfolio life cycle including launching new products into global markets and planning end of life for products including cannibalization strategies
• Provide voice of customer in order to translate market needs and opportunities into overall strategic direction. Develop relationships with key opinion leaders to maintain Edwards' leadership position in the market
• Develop thorough understanding of market drivers including, healthcare reimbursement, pending legislation, economics, regulatory requirements and competition. Analyze their impact on the overall business and develop strategies to capitalize on opportunities and mitigate threats
• Conduct global market research and analysis in support of identifying new markets and business opportunities, determining their overall market potential and associated risks
• Participate in new product development design control activities
• Other incidental duties
•Bachelor's Degree or equivalent 5 years experience related experience
• Proven expertise in MS Office Suite
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including consultative and relationship management skills
• Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and investigative skills
• Experience working in sales, marketing, or healthcare industry preferred
• Substantial understanding in tracking and interpreting market share, pricing, ASPs, competitive dynamics
• Substantial knowledge of marketing concepts and principles
• Expertise and ability to coach others in one or more functional areas
• Ability to create comprehensive marketing strategies with supporting plans and the ability to execute.
• Possess the ability to measure and track performance/success of programs/initiatives
• Ability to forecast product lines for short-term and long-term accuracy based on market development, sales trends, competition and changing market dynamics.
• Possess a fundamental clinical knowledge related to hospital environment, clinical practice and reimbursement policies
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work in a team environment, working closely with global marketing team, key opinion leaders and regional sales managers
• Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
•Master's Degree or equivalent 3 years experience related experience Required in sales, marketing, or healthcare Preferred
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.