Edwards Lifesciences Product Manager, Upstream-Forecasted Opportunity in Irvine, California
This position has been posted in anticipation of future openings within our Marketing teams. We anticipate hiring for Upstream Product Managers. If you meet the minimum job requirements, you will receive additional information about our Marketing and Product Management Talent Community.
The Product Manager is responsible for driving patient focused innovation through identifying all aspects of product development from project inception through first commercial launch, document and help manage the development and introduction of new products and technologies in order to achieve and maintain market leadership.
• Actively participate in technical team meetings and drive product design requirements using voice of customer inputs
• Identify and develop global marketing strategies and supporting tactics that leverage market trends, uncover unmet market needs, expand addressable markets and target new markets or space.
• Lead overall management for product line portfolio, feed product development pipeline with new opportunities and line extensions targeted at sustaining continued strategic growth.
• Provide voice of customer in order to translate market needs and opportunities into overall strategic direction. Develop relationships with key opinion leaders to maintain Edwards' leadership position in the market.
• Responsible for product portfolio life cycle including launching new products into global markets and planning end of life for products including cannibalization strategies.
• Develop thorough understanding of market drivers including, healthcare reimbursement, pending legislation, economics, regulatory requirements and competition. Analyze their impact on the overall business and develop strategies to capitalize on opportunities and mitigate threats.
• Participate in new product development design control activities.
• Conduct global market research and analysis in support of identifying new markets and business opportunities, determining their overall market potential and associated risks.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent 5 years experience required OR Master's Degree or equivalent 3 years experience required.
• Experience in medical device or healthcare industry preferred.
• Cardiology experience is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including consultative and relationship management skills
• Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and investigative skills
• Substantial understanding in tracking and interpreting market share, pricing, ASPs, competitive dynamics
• Substantial knowledge of marketing concepts and principles
• Expertise and ability to coach others in one or more functional areas
• Ability to create comprehensive marketing strategies with supporting plans and the ability to execute.
• Possess the ability to measure and track performance/success of programs/initiatives
• Ability to forecast product lines for short-term and long-term accuracy based on market development, sales trends, competition and changing market dynamics.
• Possess a fundamental clinical knowledge related to hospital environment, clinical practice and reimbursement policies
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.