Edwards Lifesciences Principal Data Scientist in Irvine, California
Edwards Lifesciences has a new opening as a Principal Data Scientist supporting our Supply Chain operations. In this role, the Principal Data Scientist will be focused on advanced analytics, collecting, and curating data. They will provide expertise in the creation of Machine Learning and AI foundation for our Global Supply Chain organization. This is a new opportunity within Edwards and will play a significant role in developing an advanced analytics competency center.
• Provide technical expertise to drive appropriate use of predictive modeling and algorithms to team members to apply to data sets to drive optimization of the clinical trial experience including updating and ensuring algorithms are current.
• Build custom quantitative models by applying advanced statistical methods (e.g., causal and predictive modeling, forecasting, data mining, simulation, and/or optimization)
• Interpret results of quantitative models, identify trends and issues, and develop alternatives to support business objectives.
• Identify new objectives and goals to further optimize business processes and tools to develop and analyze model performance and data accuracy
• Identify and resolve challenging supply chain issues
• Partner with different internal and external stakeholders to plan implementation meetings including testing and training machine learning models while monitoring outcomes
• Provide dashboard reporting to leadership on the effectiveness of machine learning tools and applications to help inform and drive decision-making
• Identify opportunities to leverage various sources of data to drive enhanced solutions in collaboration with stakeholders throughout the business
• Oversee data governance as it relates to machine learning implementations
• Develop a procedures and guidelines to promote the future of machine learning development within assigned BU
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Biostatistics or Scientific field, and 8 years of experience including either industry or industry/education or
• Master's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Biostatistics or Scientific field, and 7 years of experience including either industry or industry/education Required or
• Ph.D. or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Biostatistics or Scientific field , and 4 years of experience including either industry or industry/education Required
• Proven expertise in statistical techniques (e.g. distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.)
• Expert knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Artificial Intelligence (AI) and/or Machine Learning model development, and/or Control Systems
• Experience with machine learning techniques (e.g., clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.)
• Experience using statistical computer languages (e.g, R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate large data sets
• Experience in data visualization tools (i.e. Qlikview, Tableau, etc.)
• Experience with using web services (e.g., Redshift, S3, Spark, etc.)
• Excellent and successful project management skills
• Excellent documentation and communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
• Proven expertise on MS Office Suite (e.g., Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access)
• Working knowledge in related tools and applications (e.g., Oracle, JDE, Concur, Salesforce.com) preferred
• Advanced problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Expert understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
• Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to influence change
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Represents organization as key technical contact on contracts and projects
• Interacts with senior external representatives on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.