Edwards Lifesciences Manager, Supply Chain Manufacturing Operations Equipment Sourcing in Irvine, California
The focus of the position will be to provide supplier management and sourcing expertise for Capital Equipment which will be used in the Manufacturing Operations, and or to support New Product Development teams in the design and development of cardiovascular medical devices. Activities will include but are not limited to supporting Mfg Operations in the replacement of existing equipment, procuring equipment to set up secondary operations to ensure Business Continuity, and at the concept/development phase for teams in New Product Development.
Role Purpose :
Provide expertise to stakeholders and manage indirect sourcing projects in relation to the sourcing of Equipment used in Operations.
• Sourcing, negotiations, contract development, supplier project management and other procurement/supplier related support in for capital equipment and subsequent calibration supplier selection and supplier management.
• Partner with Mfg, R&D and Quality, including contributing to the technical/functional project direction and execution.
• Provide expertise in supplier selection and management of suppliers to ensure short/long term project success.
• Define and execute specific global sourcing and supplier strategies tailored for and aligned to new product design, manufacturing requirements, and business needs.
• Project management of activities at supplier, including Sourcing plans, to align with overall project plans
• Responsible for providing expert level knowledge of the sourcing and calibration of equipment.
• Will own the Supplier Selection and Management Process tools and templates; and drive continuous process improvement and refinements across teams and company.
Minimum of five years of experience in Capital Equipment sourcing.
• Experience with sourcing and/or supplier management for products within an FDA-regulated medical device, biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry is a strong plus.
• APICS, CSCP, CPIM, ISM, CPSM, or CPSD certification preferred.
• The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications is required.
• Must have a good understanding of the new product development process.
• Strong communication skills (verbal/written) and internal/external partnering skills required.
• Strong working knowledge of contract documentation, interpretation, and strategic sourcing processes and trends required.
• Excellent organizational skills, strong quantitative skills, independent thinking, and a high level of initiative. Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver to project milestones.
• Requires exceptionally sound judgment, decision making abilities, management skills, and ability to influence others across the company.
• Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team is essential for success.
• Ability to quickly establish credibility and earns trust of others at all levels of the organization
• Ability to drive continuous improvement, including application of continuous improvement processes and state of art tools required.
• Must have good MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word skills.
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.