Edwards Lifesciences Manager, Strategy TMTT in Irvine, California
Edwards Lifesciences Transcatheter Mitral and Tricuspid Therapies team is looking to add a Manager, Strategy to their growing team! This Manager, Strategy role will be responsible for leading the implementation of business strategies and initiatives across the TMTT business unit.
• Play an instrumental role in the design and execution of the annual strategic planning process with specialized depth and breadth of expertise within the organization
• Develop and plan the implementation of in-depth reviews, similar to management consulting engagements, of key business issues
• Lead the design and delivery of key strategic initiatives identified by the Executive Leadership Team and provide recommendations for decision-making that affect small sub-function, area(s), and/or team(s)
• Develop presentations and tools to facilitate communication of findings and recommendations to internal and external audiences
• Collaborate across functions, regions, and BUs to deliver an actionable strategic plan
• Other incidental duties
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in in a scientific, technical, quantitative or Finance (FP&A)
and 10 years of related work experience required OR
Master's Degree or equivalent and 8 years of related work experience required and
5 years years experience direct experience in strategy, management consulting, business development, or marketing and sales required required.
• Ability to synthesize complex information into a high-level strategic message, and to interpret internal/external business factors into recommendations and solutions
• Demonstrated experience working with a range of professionals to help navigate through complex situations
• Proven expertise in PowerPoint, Excel, clinical and financial comprehension, strategic frameworks, and live presentations, with high attention to detail and output
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Recognized as an expert in own area with specialized depth and breadth of expertise within area of work in the organization
• Expert understanding and interpretation of complicated market dynamics with the ability to identify and quantify market potential, and build business case with both business and financial analysis skills
• Expert understanding of related aspects of processes and/or systems
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate value to the business
• Ability to listen to stakeholders, discover unmet needs, develop strong rapport with audience, and be customer-focused
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Ability to represent leadership on projects on sections of projects within a specific area interfacing with project managers and cross-functional teams
• Ability to consult in project setting
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.