Edwards Lifesciences Manager, Global Technical Support Call Center (Remote, USA) in Irvine, California
Manage and oversee the work of assigned Technical Product team.
• Manage activities of the department with the accountability for successful completion of all deliverables. Identify risk, develop mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolve issues, action item follow up, etc. in collaboration with cross functional and/or matrix teams
• Lead special projects and continuous process improvement based on changing organizational and/or business demands
• Manage and oversee the work of assigned team within own function and may indirectly manage cross functional teams as appropriate. Responsible for overall coaching and development of team.
• Partner with Critical Care cross-functional teams to respond and resolve product issues as a result of customer issues. Manage and forecast refurbished inventory demands with business unit cross-functional teams
• Provide technical equipment guidance to internal customers (e.g., Sales Reps) and external customers on the differentiation and specification of products, and guide external customers through the setup of unique and challenging product interfacing systems.
• Responsible for overall new product training strategy for team
• Partner with different divisions for product changes or additions
• Identify risk, develop and lead in the implementation of technical equipment strategies which may include negotiations with internal and external parties
• Other incidental duties.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in in related field with related experience in medical and technical Required and
Demonstrated track record in talent development Required
Master's Degree or equivalent in in related field Experience working in a regulated industry Preferred
Experience as a Medical Clinician preferred (Field Clinician, RN, Cath Lab, ICU etc).
• Proven successful project management leadership skills
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite and related tools and systems
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Expertise with, and understanding of, how pulmonary artery catheters, DPTs (Disposable Pressure Transducers) and related items are used clinically, including ability to:
o Converse at a professional level with users of the product
o Troubleshoot complex medical device products
• Expert understanding of own area while addressing issues with impact beyond own team based on knowledge of related disciplines
• Expert knowledge and understanding of all EW products
• Expert understanding of related aspects of technical equipment processes and/or systems
• Expert understanding of regulations related to technical equipment
• Demonstrated ability to manage assigned team and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of technical equipment to the business
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Frequently interacts with customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company; often leads a cooperative effort among members of a project team
• Participate and present at meetings with internal and external representatives
• Resolve operational and scheduling issues
• Dedicated to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
• Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
• Develop relationships and leverage them to influence change
• Support and solicit input from team members at all levels within the organization
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.