Edwards Lifesciences Manager, EVOQUE Case Support in Irvine, California
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Manager, EVOQUE Case Support professional with the experience to join a team that is boldly designing transcatheter mitral and tricuspid therapies from the ground up. TMTT is dedicated to solving the complex challenges of mitral and tricuspid disease in order to transform treatment and significantly improve patients’ lives.
Manager, EVOQUE Case Support and activities in alignment with respective BU objectives
• Manage and oversee the work of small team and may indirectly manage cross functional or matrix teams as appropriate. Develop a robust talent development plan in alignment with functional growth strategies of the department
• Manage activities with the accountability for successful completion of clinical trial deliverables related to start-up enrollment activities (e.g., physician training, device management, case performance and study enrollment). Identify risk, develop mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolve issues, action item follow up, etc. in collaboration with cross functional and/or matrix teams including external sites (e.g., physician's team)
• Develop and lead in the implementation of clinical trial device and procedural strategies which may include negotiations with internal and external parties
• Collaborate with team members to lead global projects in support of clinical trial and/or device knowledge transfer (e.g., cross-training with regional teams)
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and ten years’ experience required
Open to consider at the Assoc Mgr., level -exception only for exceptional candidates with Bachelor’s and eight years’ experience.
Demonstrated track record in people management Required
Master's Degree or equivalent in in related field Experience in interventional cardiology or cardiothoracic surgery Preferred
• Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
• Experience working in a regulated industry preferred
• Proven successful project management leadership skills
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite and related tools and systems
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Expert understanding of clinical trial procedures and clinical devices while addressing issues with impact beyond own team based on knowledge of related disciplines
• Expert understanding of related aspects of clinical protocol and device procedural processes and/or systems
• Knowledge of financial mechanism that relates to device reimbursement and payment at the site level
• Demonstrated ability to manage assigned team and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of their role to the business
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Frequently interacts with customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between cross-functional teams and the company; often leads a cooperative effort among members of a project team
• Participate and present at meetings with internal and external representatives
• Resolve operational and scheduling issues
• Dedicated to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
• Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
• Develop relationships and leverage them to influence change
• Support and solicit input from team members at all levels within the organization
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control.
• Travel 30%
The time is now to join TMTT and shape mitral and tricuspid therapies that will transform treatment. Don’t miss your chance to be part of a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding environment that offers potential for growth and professional advancement for the right candidate.
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.