Edwards Lifesciences Manager, Construction Project Management in Irvine, California
The Manager, Construction Project Management, understands the fundamentals of all areas of Construction and Project Management including contracting, design & construction, operations and management.
• Manages large scale to enterprise-wide projects (e.g., Irvine based design and construction, space planning) within program
• Facilitates the creation and approval of business cases within the program, and coordinates the sharing and prioritization of resources among projects
• Establishes and maintains program stakeholder relationships, expectations, and communications, both internal and external to the organization
• Develops a high-level milestone plan for the program and manages program change in accordance with the change management plan to control scope, quality, schedule, cost, and contracts
• Provides accurate and current program information for the use of stakeholders
• Serves as a project and program management subject matter expert , including guiding and mentoring project managers; sourcing and directing contract resources tied to projects within the program; and develops expertise in a business process, professional discipline, market or product
• Obtains budget approvals and actively manages project KPIs
• Owns one or more continuous improvement activities
• Evaluate and define guidelines, and provide guidance and expectations on service deliverables required across EW in collaboration with Management
• Define business requirements in sourcing, evaluating, and selecting on-site vendors
• Other incidental duties
• Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Architecture, Project Management with 10 years experience of hands on experience managing projects and/or programs of increasing complexity is required
• Experience with vendor management is required
• Experience with construction projects and/or related disciplines is required
• Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite and Construction project management systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills with ability to adapt to change
• Expert understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to managing multiple projects within an overall program
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Excellent understanding and work experience with project budgets and financial management
• Strong leadership skills and ability to influence change
• Experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with management and executive stakeholders
• Experience within a regulated environment
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including external representatives and participating and presenting at meetings
• Master's Degree or equivalent Preferred
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.