Edwards Lifesciences IT Technology Ops/Cloud Engineer & Service Management Intern in Irvine, California
Edwards offers its university talent an opportunity to create innovative, life saving devices and techniques that help physicians provide better opportunities for patients around the world. As a global leader in treating advanced cardiovascular disease, we know that millions of people benefit from our passion, our focus, and our innovation.
• Participate in day-to-day end user support and configuration of business application systems including creating new user accounts, acknowledging tickets, troubleshooting issues and following up with users.
• Participate in authoring test cases and manual testing of systems by following step by step test scripts and documenting test case failures and escalating to team members.
• Perform current-state system analysis and create current/future state system-level process flows and sequence diagrams with guidance from senior Business Systems Analysts
• Partners with business and IT resources to capture and document technical, functional and non-functional requirements
• Responsible for providing business systems analysis services (analyze, define, troubleshoot, design, test, deliver, maintain).
• Basic understanding of project management and software development, Web Architecture, and familiarity with Cloud Based technologies.
• Must have a strong work ethic, organization skills, the desire to learn and is not afraid to ask questions
• Assists in creating and analyzing metrics for strategic business process improvement.
• Knowledge of AWS Cloud Services
• Knowledge of ServiceNow/ITSM platform
• Knowledge of ITIL and reporting tools is a plus
• Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments based on input from manager
• Performs administrative duties such as scheduling, coordinating and attending meeting with system users, taking meeting minutes, preparing dashboards and presentations.
Education and Experience:
Pursuing Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent area of study.
Currently enrolled as a student for the duration of the Internship project
Must be in good scholastic standing (3.0+ GPA or equivalent).
Permanent residency is required
Prefer junior or senior, but will consider other class levels.
An interest in exposure to Project Management, SaaS technology, Information Technology, Cloud computing.
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.