Edwards Lifesciences Global Clinical Training Manager, Surgical Structural Heart in Irvine, California
Edwards Lifesciences, Surgical Structural Heart division is searching for a Global Clinical Training Manager to join their team. This is an unique position that will work to develop SSH's professional education programs and strategies for our internal teams. This includes sales, marketing, R&D, and product development teams.
• Develop overarching training strategy and methodology for multiple programs including selecting and qualifying vendors, key project targeting and development management, delivery of core curricula, strategy to obtain KOL input and key clinical assessments, development of substantiation targets and oversee approval of materials
• Identify, engage independently, and influence KOLs to develop strategically aligned messages on EW programs
• Create and manage all product and/or program related training documents and educational tools from program planning to execution
• Develop the strategy for the effective launch, management and execution of existing and new programs, related trainings and projects intended to maximize product/procedural outcomes
• Develop and own tactics (e.g., virtual symposiums, digital content) for large scale programs that support the strategy and access new training methodologies as incorporated into product launches as appropriate
• Manage relationships with multiple vendors
• Measure effectiveness of educational tools, resources and programs through post-meeting survey instruments, clinical field feedback and KOL review, develop plan to address concerns, and lead the implementation of solutions
• Maintain awareness and alignment with existing guidelines and regional practices and ensure training content aligns
• Ensure global and regional product use is as intended and procedural outcomes are maximized, when developing product related training initiatives and are aligned in all regions.
• Other incidental duties
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years experience in adult education or sales, marketing or clinical training required or Master's Degree or equivalent and 8 years experience in adult education or sales, marketing, or clinical training required.
• Proven successful organizational and project management skills
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Recognized as an expert in own area with specialized depth within the organization
• Expert understanding of related aspects of marketing concepts and principles
• Expert knowledge and understanding of policies, procedures, and guidelines relevant to strategic event planning
• Expert knowledge and understanding expertise in event management strategies: speaker management, content development, attendee/invite strategies
• Expert knowledge of regulatory and AdvaMed requirements
• Demonstrated ability to develop professional education relationships with teams in all regions and drive alignment in training and objectives in product use criteria
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work effectively across multiple areas with cross-functional team, marketing peers and leaders and managing needs and messaging to upper management
• Must be able influence and guide stakeholders
• Consult in project setting within specific marketing area
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.