Edwards Lifesciences Executive Assistant, Human Resources in Irvine, California
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional HR Executive Assistant with significant experience to join a team that is boldly designing HR talent strategies on behalf of businesses and functions who are changing the trajectory of Patients’ lives that suffer from cardiovascular disease. This Edwards HR Team is dedicated to solving the complex HR challenges in order to advance our organizations for the future.
This opportunity is at Edwards Lifesciences, located in Irvine, CA. The HR Executive Assistant will report to the Head of Human Resources for Transcatheter Heart Valves (THV) and perform various tasks for the respective Human Resources teams covering THV, Critical Care, Corporate Strategy, Public Affairs, and Corporate Responsibility.
The vision of the high-functioning Human Resources team is to elevate and accelerate the global potential of our vision through trusted partnerships, innovation and agile solutions. We strive to be globally recognized for developing an unparalleled workforce that is passionate and ready to exceed the future needs of Edwards Lifesciences.
The ideal candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills, be extremely detail oriented, have high level capabilities with MS Excel and PowerPoint, demonstrate strong critical thinking skills and have a proven track record of managing multiple tasks and projects.
The Executive Assistant will be primarily responsible for providing support to include, but not limited to:
• Provide general administrative support to include managing calendars, arranging travel, and processing expense reports in a timely manner.
• Coordinate department meetings including developing content and ensuring technical support for global participants
• Analyze data and maintain department metrics and dashboards
• Utilize MS excel to support key talent initiatives, including year-end pay review analysis, PowerPoint executive summary creation, and Talent development reporting for the respective teams.
• Provide administrative support for the planning and execution of HR Strategy and PMO and other projects assigned.
• Create communication, PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets for executive level projects.
• Compile reports and summarize data from CEO Talent Development Review sessions.
• Set the agenda, participate and track action items for the leadership team meetings.
• Partner with team members on critical project tracking and reporting.
• Team member in planning and executing special events (i.e. HR Excellence awards, Senior Leadership Team meetings).
• Manage interview schedules for department positions.
• Interact professionally with all levels of Edwards employees, customers, and vendors.
• Cover front desk per the rotation schedule.
• High School diploma (or equivalent) required with six years of relevant experience
• Experience scheduling and managing calendars of management/executives with attention to accuracy and detail.
• Experience processing expense reports.
• Ability to proactively anticipate team’s needs and plan ahead.
• Strong writing skills.
• Must have high proficiency in all MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Must have strong organizational skills, be detail-oriented, resourceful and able to multi-task and follow guidelines and protocols.
• Must have strong critical thinking skills and the ability to address and solve problems quickly.
• Must have professional demeanor and effective interpersonal and communication skills, including both written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have positive attitude, initiative, willingness to learn and adapt to fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to handle confidential matters requiring discretion and sound judgment.
· Preferred human resources experience.
· Preferred Bachelor’s degree
· High level expertise in Excel (Pivot tables, V-look-up, formulas, graphs and tables)
· Microsoft Teams aptitude
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.