Edwards Lifesciences Engineering Co-Op Program Summer-Fall 2021 in Irvine, California
At Edwards, every innovation starts with a human inspiration.
COME BE INSPIRED.
Edwards Lifesciences offers its university talent an opportunity to create innovative, life saving devices and techniques that help physicians save the lives of patients around the world. As a global leader in treating advanced cardiovascular disease, we know that millions of people will benefit from our passion, our focus, and our innovation.
We are looking for driven and innovative engineering students interested in Summer – Fall Co-Ops in 2021.
Summer – Fall Co-Ops:
Edwards Co-Ops offer the opportunity to work as a Research & Development or Clinical Development Engineer in the cutting-edge medical device field with a focus on devices and therapies to treat heart disease. This is a hands-on position where the student will work closely as a part of the R&D engineering team to develop, test, and implement designs pertaining to advanced transcatheter and hemodynamic technology to address issues caused by structural heart disease. The Co-Op engineer will have the opportunity to develop design skills and act as an integral and contributing member of the development team. Co-Ops will design and test new concepts and contribute to the development of innovative medical devices to help improve the quality of life of patients suffering from varying forms of heart failure. The Co-op engineer will report to senior level engineers and collaborate on daily tasks and activities. To qualify for Co-Op opportunities, the candidate MUST be able to work full-time from May/Jun – December 2021.
The Engineering Co-Op will:
· Be timely, punctual, and responsible for day-to-day attendance while proactively seeking direction from senior engineers.
· Conceptualize, develop, and iterate designs in response to design requirements specified.
· Test new designs (functional testing, mechanical testing, and simulated use) and brainstorm novel ideas for device improvements using test results.
· Assist in documenting production department concerns and aid in troubleshooting and resolving technical problems.
· Be proficient in drafting software (Solidworks or Creo Parametric preferred).
· Provide documentation support and complete written reports on testing and designs.
· Actively participate in design reviews and provide relevant feedback for teammates.
Program participants will work with teams in our corporate headquarters in Irvine, California or manufacturing facility in Draper, Utah. Please visit Edwards.com for information on all our locations.
To qualify for Co-Op opportunities, the candidate must be:
· Currently enrolled as a student for the duration of the Co-Op project - graduating December 2021 or later (MUST be able to work full-time from May/June – December 2021). Junior or Senior standing preferred, pursuing degree in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering etc. Course competition of engineering mechanics and mechanical design is preferred.
· Comfortable working in laboratory environment. Hands-on and highly motivated. Able to follow procedures, perform testing and clearly convey data results.
· Strong interest in pursuing relevant industry experience. Interest in the healthcare and medical devices industry is a plus.
· Attention to detail.
· Proficient in drafting software. Solidworks a plus.
· Must be in good scholastic standing (3.0+ GPA or equivalent).
· Must not require a company sponsorship for employment-based visa now or in the future.
Launch your career and DISCOVER LIFE HERE.
· Innovative & Industry Leading Technology
· Accelerated Career Growth
· A Growing Global Company
· Stretch Assignments
· Meaningful Projects with Real Impact
· Continuous Mentorship
· Competitive Compensation
· Subsidized Housing
· Conversion Opportunities into our New Grad Programs following Graduation
· On-site Cafe, Gym, Basketball & Beach Volleyball Courts
· Great People & Beautiful Place to Work!
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.