Edwards Lifesciences Engineer II, R&D - Transcatheter Heart Valves in Irvine, California
Applies knowledge of technical principles and Edwards systems/procedures to optimize product development.
• Create, test, and/or improve products by developing moderately complex experiments and tests (including writing and executing protocols), analyze results, make recommendations, and develop reports, based on engineering principles
• Generate work instructions, test methods, engineering drawings/prototypes, etc. to establish/characterize product and/or process specifications
• Create/update portions of design control documents including requirement specs and risk documents
• Assign R&D support tasks; gives instruction to technicians on conducting tests; train technicians and provide feedback; and coordinate technician work
• Identify, evaluate, manage, and provide guidance to suppliers, including establishing tolerances and defining acceptance criteria for suppliers
• Other duties assigned by Leadership
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Scientific field , 2 years years experience Required or
Master's Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Scientific field with internship, senior projects, or thesis in Engineering or Scientific field including either industry or industry/education Required
• Good computer skills in usage of MS Office Suite; CAD experience preferred
• Good documentation, communication (e.g., written and verbal) and interpersonal relationship skills including consultative and relationship management skills
• Basic understanding of statistical techniques
• Previous experience working with lab/industrial equipment required (if applicable)
• Solid understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Engineering
• Solid problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Solid understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
• Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including the ability to manage vendors and project stakeholders
• Ability to build productive internal/external working relationships
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.