Edwards Lifesciences Director, US Product Marketing in Irvine, California
Manage and lead the team and related marketing activities as the leader of the largest transcatheter heart valve market in the world, the US Region.
• Direct activities with overall departmental responsibility of developing systems, planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, recommending and implementing changes to methods through several direct reports that may include people managers
• Mitigate/eliminate risk, direct and communicate highly complex strategies which includes negotiations with internal and external parties for multiple complex concurrent major products, campaigns, launches, programs, and initiatives
• Plan and direct strategic marketing activities including prioritizing and selecting appropriate projects with overall responsibility for meeting business objectives. Lead in identifying risk, developing complex mitigation strategies, best practices, alternative solutions, resolving issues, etc. in collaboration with cross functional and/or matrix teams for multiple complex concurrent major products, campaigns, launches, programs, and initiatives
• Direct line management responsibilities including a robust strategic talent development plan in alignment with functional growth strategies and responsibility for the desired culture of the department.
• Develop key relationships with critical executive leaders including; Sales VPs, Regional VPs, Cross Functional VPs
• Develop and deliver executive level communication
• Other incidental duties
• Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of experience in marketing
• Demonstrated track record in people management
• Demonstrated working in Medical Device Industry experience
• Proven successful project management leadership skills
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Demonstrated performance track record over multiple business cycles within relevant industry/function
• Expert understanding of related aspects of marketing concepts and principles while looking beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems
• Expert understanding of related aspects of market share, pricing, ASPs, competitive dynamics
• Expert knowledge of financial mechanism that relates to marketing including forecasting, expense budgeting and management, purchase order compliance and processing, and 3rd party vendor compliance management.
• Demonstrated ability to direct teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority, attracting, developing, and retaining talent and partnering with HR on all aspects of talent development
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of marketing to the business
• Expert understanding of marketing content approval processes and systems, regulatory guidelines and legal boundaries
• Serve as core partner to senior leaders in Business Units, Functional Groups, Regions and IT
• Attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Ability to articulate the vision of the business unit
• Ability to create the vision of the function
• Demonstrated performance track record over multiple business cycles within relevant industry/function including talent management responsibilities
• Interacts with senior management, and others concerning matters of significance to the company
• Conduct business and technical briefings for senior and top management and for external representatives
• Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers; interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
• Dedicated to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
• Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
• Provide leadership and direction to large cross-functional teams to successfully implement systems, processes and related solutions
• Develop relationships and leverage them to influence change
• Support and solicit input from team members at all levels within the organization
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Master's Degree and 8 years of experience in related field in marketing
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.