Edwards Lifesciences Director, Product Development (Core Team Leader) in Irvine, California
Edwards Lifesciences is searching for a Director, Product Development (Core Team Leader) to join our $850+ million Global Surgical Structural Heart (Surgical) business unit. This position is an integral part of the business unit team in Irvine, reporting to the Sr. Director of Strategic Program Management. The Strategic Program Management team drives execution of complex, cross-functional programs in order to transform patients’ lives and deliver business value.
The Core Team Leader has responsibility from program initiation through post-launch review, and holds single-point responsibility for execution of cross-functional programs and support for cross-functional sustaining efforts, fulfillment of program objectives, continuous improvement of business processes for product development, partnering with cross-functional leaders to establish performance excellence, and professional development of team members by providing feedback, empowering, actively listening and supporting individual growth. A successful candidate will have a mechanical engineering background with a strong understanding of full lifecycle product development and demonstrated ability to build strong and trusting cross-functional relationships.
· Develop and plan strategic programs with multiple projects across multiple functions where decisions have a serious impact on the overall success or failure on sub-function(s) and/or area(s) and may include global impact, while acting as a single point of contact for the accountability of charter, inception to completion. Meet customer satisfaction, time-to-market, cost and legal/IP implications, and program milestones with significant complexity
· Identify and evaluate Business Unit process improvements and/or course correction/alignment opportunities with significant complexity including evaluations of new systems and/or procedures.
· Drive continuous improvement of Strategy program/project management capabilities through best practices, governance processes, and direct leadership
· Serve as trusted partner to the business unit leadership team and key stakeholders; develop recommendations to facilitate strategic decision making that impacts the overall success or failure on sub-function(s) and/or area(s)
· Advise management on changes in governing practices, including advice on appropriate internal practice changes
· Partner with the ELT and Franchise leaders on strategic communications and management processes
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering preferred
· 14+ years of Product Development experience, within a regulated manufacturing environment
· 5+ years of experience leading the Product Development Lifecycle from inception through commercialization
· Proven successful program/project management leadership skills including the ability to optimize cross-functional resources to deliver project results and lead with influence
· Expert understanding and interpretation of complicated market dynamics with the ability to identify and quantify market potential, and build business case with both business and financial analysis skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related tools and systems
· Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making with significant impact
· Master's Degree in Engineering or MBA, a minimum of 12 years of experience as stated above is required with a master’s degree
· 5+ years of Agile Program Management experience
· PMP Certification and/or Six-Sigma Black Belt
· Ability to synthesize and communicate to senior management key project aspects
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
· Expert understanding of related aspects of processes and/or systems
· Strict attention to detail
· Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
· Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to represent leadership on programs or org-specific strategic initiatives within multiple areas, interfacing with project managers, cross-functional teams and leadership team
Ability to consult in a program setting within multiple areas, deeper or more dedicated advisory role, interfacing with more senior management
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards is committed to complying with the requirements and guidance from our government authorities and to protecting our vulnerable patients and the healthcare providers who are treating them around the world. As such, all patient-facing and in-hospitals positions require COVID-19 vaccination, which includes anyone who directly interfaces with patients and those who enter a hospital or healthcare facility as part of their role. If hired and your position meets this criteria, as a condition of employment, you will be required to submit proof that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption from being vaccinated.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.