Edwards Lifesciences Director of Regulatory Affairs -Forecasted Opening in Irvine, California
Manage Regulatory Affairs team and activities within the respective country(ies).
• Direct activities through several managers, with overall responsibility of developing systems, planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, recommending and implementing changes to methods. Develop a robust talent development and succession planning in alignment with functional growth strategies across regional regulatory affairs
• Plan and direct strategic activities including prioritizing and selecting appropriate projects with overall responsibility for meeting business objectives. Lead in identifying risk, developing complex mitigation strategies, best practices, alternative solutions, resolving issues, etc. in collaboration with cross functional and/or matrix teams
• Mitigate/eliminate risk, direct and communicate highly complex regional regulatory affairs strategies which includes negotiations with internal and external parties
• Analyze, formulate and present recommendations related to regional regulatory affairs to advise and guide executive level leadership; develop and deliver executive level communication
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in related fieldrelated experience in lifesciences Required
Master's Degree or equivalent in in related field Preferred
Other: skill levels exceeding the requirements of the Senior Manager Required and
Other: Demonstrated track record in people managemen Required and
Other: Experience working in a healthcare company, regulatory affairs and medical device Required
• Proven successful project management leadership skills
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite and related tools and government regulatory systems
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Excellent influencing and presentation skills
• Fluent in reading, writing and speaking English
• Expert understanding of regulatory affairs procedures while looking beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems
• Expert understanding of related aspects of regulatory affairs processes and/or systems
• High level of knowledge of financial mechanism that relates to regulatory affairs
• Demonstrated ability to direct teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of regulatory affairs to the business
• Serve as core partner to senior leaders in Business Units, Functional Groups, Regions and IT
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Interacts with senior management, and others concerning matters of significance to the company
• Conduct business and technical briefings for senior and top management and for external representatives
• Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers; interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
• Dedicated to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
• Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
• Provide leadership and direction to large cross-functional teams to successfully implement global enterprise systems and related solutions
• Develop relationships and leverage them to influence change
• Support and solicit input from team members at all levels within the organization Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
40% % required
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.