Edwards Lifesciences Director of Engineering - Sensor Technology- Advanced Technology in Irvine, California
Manage team responsible for the development of sensor technology
Manage and oversee the strategic sensor business with overall responsibility ofstaffing, planning, budgeting, managing expense priorities, performance management, and working through managers to achieve results. Develop a robust talent development and succession planning in alignment with functional growth strategies across own organization while ensuring engineering knowledge continuity.
Lead vendors, cross-functional groups to develop and provide design recommendations that integrate into multiple product lines and/or systems with significant complexity and gain consensus across the organization.
Plan and direct strategic program activities including prioritizing and selecting appropriate projects with overall responsibility for meeting business objectives.Lead in identifying risk, developing complex mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolving issues in collaboration with cross functional groups as it relates to integrating acquired sensor technology into EW devices and system
Define and lead the implementation of the organizational structure to drive business initiatives and advise and gain buy-in from senior leadership
Set the strategy for the sensor lab to optimize business processes, define and implement core competencies, by assessing business needs and developing, proposing and implementing solution options
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in related field with related experience in engineering required
• Demonstrated track record in management of technical and/or engineering disciplines required
• Experience working in a regulated industry preferred
• Active implants experience preferred
• Proven successful project management leadership skills
• Proven expertise in both Microsoft Office Suite and related systems
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Expert understanding of engineering procedures while looking beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems
• Expert understanding of related aspects of engineering processes and/or systems
• Knowledge of financial acumen as it relates to the business as well as engineering
• Demonstrated ability to direct teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of engineering to the business
• Serve as core partner to senior leaders in Business Units, Functional Groups, Regions and IT
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.