Edwards Lifesciences Director, NPD/NPI Digital Transformation in Irvine, California
Develop a strategy and roadmap to innovate and optimize business processes in respective domains (NPI/NPD, Supply Chain and manufacturing etc.). Direct teams to manage existing systems and processes to ensure business continuity are uninterrupted during transformation initiatives
• Develop digital business expertise strategy (e.g., PLM, ePAC, MES) and translate objectives to execution projects and align w/ functional leads in technology selection and implementation. Drives the execution of the program.
• Direct digital domain activities with overall responsibility of developing systems, planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, recommending and implementing changes to methods through several managers. Develop a robust talent development and succession planning in alignment with functional growth strategies across the global GSC organization including providing guidance and approach to ensure successful vertical project(s) execution. Develop and coach employees to build new and enhanced digital and functional skills.
• Develop a strategy and roadmap to advance GSC digital capabilities while leveraging digital domain expertise (e.g., Supply Chain and manufacturing) to partner with functional leads (e.g. GPS&L, WW Engineering, plants etc.) while planning and directing multiple strategic, enterprise-level projects with highest criticality including prioritizing and selecting appropriate projects
• Drive the Digital Organization Change initiatives, including developing and implementing strategies for change management, and digital readiness for the specific domain. Ensure business continuity on existing systems and processes during digital transformation initiatives
• Provide technical guidance and feedback in alignment to the Edwards digital strategy, landscape and capabilities in partnership with Digital Transformation leads as well as key business stakeholders and other technical leaders
• Foster an open environment for functions, IT and Digital teams to partner effectively
• Analyze, formulate and present recommendations to advise and guide executive level leadership; develop and deliver executive level communication
• Other incidental duties
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum of five experience in large scale process optimization and technology implementations
• Minimum of ten applicable domain expertise (e.g., NPI/NPD, Supply Chain and manufacturing)
• Minimum of five years track record in people management
• Management consulting experience
• Experience working in a regulated industry
• Demonstrated success in process optimization and technology implementation
• Proven successful project/program management leadership skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related tools and systems
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Expert understanding of digital domain procedures while looking beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems
• Expert understanding of related aspects of applicable processes and/or systems
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of applicable digital domain to the business
• Serve as core partner to senior leaders in Business Units, Functional Groups, and Regions
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally and influence key stakeholders within all organizational levels
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Ability to interact with senior management, and others concerning matters of significance to the company
• Ability to provide leadership and direction to large cross-functional teams to successfully implement global enterprise systems and related solutions
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.