Edwards Lifesciences Data Scientist, Digital Program Analytics in Irvine, California
Optimize impact of programs across stakeholders using deep analytical insights and machine learning / AI to make data driven decisions and recommendations.
• Create, test, and/or improve complex algorithms, NLP (Natural Language Processing), and machine learning models by developing complex algorithms, analyze results, make recommendations, and develop reports
• Analyze, test, interpret and report complex data-driven insights, algorithmic results, and Machine Learning model performance data. Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
• Conduct program and ad hoc analysis and compile dashboards utilizing coding and programing knowledge, for team members.
• Cleanse and label structured and unstructured data and may collaborate and guide outside agency partners in metrics, analytics, and reporting.
• Develop complex design control documents including algorithm requirement specs, and risk documents
• Test and execute new opportunities to integrate with additional data sources that support optimization. Identify and integrate software and analytics tools (e.g., SAS, Python, SQL, Power BIand Tableau Prep) to enhance Analytics capabilities.
• Other incidental duties
- Bachelor's Degree in degree in related field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Biostatistics or Scientific), 3 years years experience previous experience required or Master's Degree or equivalent in + internship, senior projects, or thesis in Computer Science, Engineering, Biostatistics including either industry or industry/education and 2 years related work experience.
Experience with using web services (e.g., Redshift, S3, Spark, etc.)
Experience with machine learning techniques Preferred
Experience using statistical computer languages (e.g, R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate large data setsPython (Pandas), SAS, SQL, Tableau and Tableau Prep Preferred
Experience in data visualization tools (i.e. Qlikview, Tableau, etc.)Preferred
• Experience with using web services (e.g., Redshift, S3, Spark, etc.)
• Moderate knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Artificial Intelligence (AI) and/or Machine Learning model development, and/or Control Systems
• Working knowledge of processes and equipment used in assigned work
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel
• Good written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills
• Good problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.