Edwards Lifesciences Building Maintenance Technician in Irvine, California
The Facilities Building Maintenance Technologist will perform repairs and maintenance in the plant or office facilities. This individual will be responsible for HVAC troubleshooting, communicate with leadership and provide training and guidance to other technicians. The Facilities Building Maintenance Technologist will report to the Sr. Supervisor, Facilities.
• Conduct routine, periodic, or special inspections as required by the validated, electronic PM system while carrying out repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery and equipment; Trouble shoot and diagnose controls and system failures
• Monitor and adjust building automation systems to optimize efficiency and energy savings while continuously referring to internal Quality documents and procedures to ensure compliance; collaborate with Quality in devising and implementing corrective actions, exception work orders (EWOs)
• Perform all routine and non-routine, which include on-call and weekend work orders focusing on more complex employee moves, office set ups and changes for meetings, events, and conferences with high customer satisfaction while adhering to company standards
• Perform predictive maintenance inspection of critical facilities systems to detect abnormalities and prevent premature system failures
• Perform general repairs and maintenance in all the following: carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical systems, in plant or office facilities with the ability to perform complex repairs in two or more specialties
• Inspect and report issues noticed in interior and exterior spaces, including landscape
• Perform daily logging and inspection of facilities systems including production facility environmental support systems to ensure operations within specifications
• Obtain quotes and initiate purchase requests for maintenance and renovation work including discussing with contractor, vendor and/or consultant for minor projects
• Monitor inventory level and reorder to replenish supplies
• Analyze predictive inspection data of critical facilities systems to determine predictive maintenance actions to prevent premature system breakdown
• Review and analyze unplanned maintenance of facilities systems for root causes and implement corrective and preventive action for improvement as well as reviewing all equipment and determine spare parts list of facilities system
• Train, coach, and guide lower level employees
• Other duties as assigned by leadership
• H.S. Diploma or equivalent in certification in a related trade school program
• 8 years of HVAC experience is required with functional knowledge in all of the following fields including plumbing, lighting, carpentry, and painting Required
• Experience with direct digital control (DDC) systems
• Experience with diagnosing non-operational sensors
• In-depth knowledge and experience in HVAC system, Electrical system, Steam boiler system and Compressed air system
• Universal refrigerant license is required
• Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Good computer skills, including MS Office and Internet Explorer
• Ability to use hand and power tools
• Ability to read and understand blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings and specifications
• Ability to identify problems and relevant issues in complex situations, using specialized knowledge and propose solutions
• Must be able to work in an inter-departmental team environment, as well as with colleagues from other departments
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards is committed to complying with the requirements and guidance from our government authorities and to protecting our vulnerable patients and the healthcare providers who are treating them around the world. As such, all patient-facing and in-hospitals positions require COVID-19 vaccination, which includes anyone who directly interfaces with patients and those who enter a hospital or healthcare facility as part of their role. If hired and your position meets this criteria, as a condition of employment, you will be required to submit proof that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption from being vaccinated.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.