Edwards Lifesciences Associate Project Manager (Finance application implementation) in Irvine, California
Initiates, plans, executes, controls and manages all aspects of project(s) to ensure ultimate project success.
• Determines and discerns detailed requirements on larger scale projects to establish the project deliverables, and manages changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs to keep the project management plan updated and reflective of authorized project changes
• Facilitates the creation and approval of business cases, and utilizes historical data and expert judgment in order to understand project limitations
• Establishes and maintains team members and project stakeholder relationships, expectations, and communications
• Measures project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify variances, perform required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders
• Executes and leads the execution of tasks as defined in the project management plan in order to achieve the project goals, and actively manages project risk
• Manages project closure activities, including gathering lessons learned
• Serves as a project management subject matter expert, including guiding and mentoring other project managers; demonstrates expertise in a business process, professional discipline, market, or product
• Actively leads one or more Project Management Office (PMO) continuous improvement activities
• Other incidental duties
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Eight years (or six years with a Master's) of hands on experience managing projects
• Agile methodology experience
• Finance application implementation experience
• Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite and related project management systems
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Extensive understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to managing large scale project plans
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Excellent understanding and work experience with project budgets and financial management
• Strong leadership skills and ability to influence change
• Experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with management and executive stakeholders
• Experience within a regulated environment
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including serving as consultant to management
• Ability to interact with suppliers, vendors and/or customers
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.