Edwards Lifesciences Associate Manager, Physician Training EVOQUE in Irvine, California
This is a unique opportunity to play a critical role in the growth of new cutting edge heart valve therapies for Mitral and Tricuspid Valve therapies, focused on the Edwards TMTT EVOQUE Platform. The Associate Manager, Physician Training will be a key position that supports the development of training resources and content, train Physician Investigators and their teams, and also help train clinical support specialists and imaging specialists on the EVOQUE product and therapies for our global Clinical Affairs organization.
Develop overarching training strategy and methodology for multiple programs, key project targeting and development management, delivery of core curricula, strategy to obtain KOL input and key clinical assessments, development of substantiation targets and oversee approval of materials
Develop Training Content and tools for EVOQUE Tricuspid and MItral Platforms, used for Training Physician Investigators and Heart Teams.
Support and help Manage Training Programs for Clinical Investigators and Clinical Partners in Irvine and Remote Training Centers.
Help Develop and Manage Simulation Applications for Training, including Dry and Wet Models, Hi-fidelity Simulators, and Imaging Simulations.
Act as a resource to HCPs, leverage knowledge gained through direct clinician interactions and relationships, in order to address questions related to off label use of approved products
Create content and plan programs on new added indications/approvals
Be a key resource for Field Team Training and Learning, working Closely with Clinical Development and Case Support Teams to improve training and content.
Measure effectiveness of educational tools, resources and programs through post-meeting survey instruments, clinical field feedback and KOL review, develop plan to address concerns, and lead the implementation of solutions.
Maintain awareness and alignment with existing guidelines and regional practices and ensure training content aligns with best practices.
Ensure Training Content and Execution maintains compliance with Edwards Policies, GCP Standards, and Regulatory Body Requirements.
Manage relationships with vendors.
Basic Qualifications and Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree or relevant degree with specialized certification (RCS, RCIS, RN, etc) required with minimum 5 years of relevant medical industry and physician training experience
Experience in developing and executing training programs for physicians and/or clinical professionals
Strong knowledge of Cardiac/Structural Heart Therapy, with emphasis on heart valve repair/replacement therapy preferred.
Strong Background in Imaging, particularly 3D Cardiac Echo and and Cardiac CT is a preferred skillset, with RCS Certification highly coveted.
Experience working in healthcare industry strongly preferred
Additional Talents and General Expectations:
• Proven successful organizational and project management skills
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Extensive knowledge of own area within the organization while contributing to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards
• Extensive understanding of related aspects of clinical therapeutic areas
• Extensive knowledge of regulatory, compliance, and AdvaMed requirements
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work effectively within a specific area with cross-functional team, marketing peers and leaders and managing needs and messaging to upper management
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.