Edwards Lifesciences Associate Analyst, Payroll in Irvine, California
The Associate Analyst, Payroll role will provide payroll support for the Operations and Accounting related activities for the US Payroll Department. This role will include various payroll functions such as payroll processing, LOA processing, Reconciliations, Audits, Post Payroll reviews, Tax compliance, and operational support.
Ensure the most efficient means are employed to produce an accurate timely payroll, as well as providing up to date guidance on potential impact to management and employees.
• Seek, develop, propose, document, and implement improvements to efficiently process high-volume bi-weekly payroll cycle, working with payroll software
• ADP/ProBusiness: Developing routine spreadsheets, with minimum assistance, for independent determination of payroll requirements, (e.g., LOAs, retroactive termination payments, anticipated severance payments, and garnishments) that cannot be handled by the system; this includes ongoing reviews of compensation payments prior to system entry x000D
•Time and Attendance system administrator; identify and address business needs, collaborate with vendor to troubleshoot, test and implement required configuration changes and/or updates, and assist with the development of training materials
• Develop and analyze basic queries and/or modify existing queries to meet business needs
• Assist employees to ensure their understanding of a variety of payroll implications, e.g., multi-state taxation, relocation, LOA
• Contribute to portions of projects including assisting with developing and delivering training and communication
• Other duties as assigned by leadership
• Minimum of 3 years experience experience in Payroll Operations/Accounting is required
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Accounting, Computer Systems, Finance, Business Administration
• Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite and payroll related systems (i.e. ADP Pro Business, Workday HRIS)
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
• Proven success adhering to and leading project schedules and managing small sections of projects
• Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Proficient knowledge and understanding of payroll analysis
• Good understanding of payroll principles, practice and standards
• Proficient negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across the organization to influence change
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Ability to assess risks, analyze situations and determine next course of action
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage confidential information with discretion
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including immediate supervisor and other team members in the section or group
• CPP Certification is preferred
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.