Edwards Lifesciences Field Clinical Specialist, Critical Care, south-east in Guyancourt, France
Develops clinical education materials in connection with clinical investigations. Provides expertise and clinical insights on the device, procedure and protocol throughout the life cycle of the clinical investigation.
• Responsible for certification of the centers, physicians and other related staff, as well as EW personnel and as outlined within EW SOPs
• Interact with KOL and proctors
• Provide education on all aspects of the device, device handling, implantation and troubleshooting techniques related to equipment, tools and products required for device implants.
• Develop and continuously improve training curriculum, training materials and training tools, based on clinical trial experience, EW guidelines and SOP.
• Business Intelligence
• Educate and train physicians, hospital personnel and hospital staff on technical matters related to products and procedures through conducting and/or coordinating one-on-one ad hoc training sessions and in-service structured education programs.
• Throughout commercial procedures, provide physicians and medical staff with required follow-up support to ensure continuity of education and technical support related to all aspects of patient outcome.
• Plan and implement growth strategies within focused accounts in partnership with the Sales and Sales Management
• Responsible for upselling in key strategic accounts working in conjunction with Business Managers
• Validate software and hardware updates in the field as applicable
• Learns the product(s), physiology, anatomy, applications of the market and Edwards Lifesciences
• Regularly reviews clinical support activities, changes in the market and assigned accounts, as well as, competitive activity with the NSM and the appropriate Sales Specialist.
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
3 years years experience of previous related medical device and/or clinical experience Required
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in in related field Training experience in clinical / technical environment Preferred
• Proven expertise in MS Office Suite and ability to operate general office machinery
• Good written and verbal communication skills, presentation, and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
• Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Moderate knowledge and understanding of cardiovascular science
• Moderate understanding of cardiovascular anatomy, pathology and physiology
• Moderate understanding of medical device regulatory requirements and documents, device accountability and adverse events reporting
• Ability to manage confidential information with discretion
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams and representing the organization on specific projects
• Ability to build productive internal/external working relationships
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.