Edwards Lifesciences Tecnico de BEX in Cartago, Costa Rica
Provide technical manufacturing support to Operations, Engineering and Business excellence including Lean Six Sigma initiatives / continuous improvement projects execution with the creation of documentation.
• Support daily assembly operations measuring and verifying productivity. Troubleshoot any misalignment due to productivity metrics not meeting the goal.
• Regularly performed time assessments to identify opportunities to improve efficiencies.
• Execute experiments and tests (following protocols) to develop findings for the improvement of manufacturing processes/methods based on Lean / Six Sigma principles; analyze results, make recommendations, and develop reports for review
• Actively participate / support Kaizen events, 6S implementations tasks, line balancing exercises, work content definition, etc.
• Identify potential improvement opportunities and propose solutions to optimize processes, e.g., re-design/design of basic equipment, tools, fixtures, for Engineering review
• May lead small projects related to new equipment validation, equipment investigations, testing, objective evidence of product dispositions and rework
• Utilize manufacturing software (e.g., JDE, QMS,PLM) to update documentation in systems
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Other: in Technical certificate or equivalent university studies, 2 years years experience of experience Required
4 years years experience of related experience Preferred
• Good understanding of the Lean Six Sigma tools and their applications
• Good written and verbal communication (English and Spanish), interpersonal, and relationship building skills
• Problem solving methodology, root cause analysis, and GDP (Good Documentation Practices)
• Good computer skills, including usage of MS Office Suite
• Ability to troubleshoot manufacturing processes
• Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing and Good Documentation Practices supporting a medical device environment
• Strict attention to detail
• Must be able to work under limited supervision
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.