Edwards Lifesciences Supply Chain Manager in Cartago, Costa Rica
Manage supply chain team and the procurement of raw materials, sourcing of non-inventory and capital goods and services, the execution of the production plan according to volume and mix requirements, warehousing of raw materials and finished goods, and the shipment and distribution of Finished Goods.
• Manage and oversee the work of assigned team in purchasing, planning, warehousing and control of materials from the receipt of forecasting replenishment needs to the delivery of the finished product into finished goods inventory and delivery of products within own function and may indirectly manage cross functional or matrix teams as appropriate.
• Identify, validate and implement processes (e.g., supply planning, buyer planning, capacity planning and S&OP) within assigned valuestream that align with key business strategies
• Lead in the execution of strategic initiatives
• Develop talent and execute plan in alignment with functional growth strategies of the department
• Identify risk, develop and lead in the implementation of supply chain strategies within assigned valuestream which may include negotiations with internal and external parties
• Manage activities with the accountability for successful completion of all deliverables. Identify risk, develop mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolve issues, action item follow up, etc. in collaboration with cross functional and/or matrix teams
• Drive a value stream mindset and culture of continuous improvement based on lean and Six Sigma principles and EW Production System (EPS)
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in related field related experience in planning, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, and/or materials management Required and
Demonstrated track record in people management Required
Experience working in a regulated industry Preferred
• Proven successful project management leadership skills
• Proven expertise in both Microsoft Office Suite and related systems including JDE, Advanced Planning Systems working with Demand Flow methodology
• Proven expertise in warehouse and distribution technologies (e.g., RFID, WMS, Bar Coding)
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Expert understanding of planning, purchasing, and logistics procedures while addressing issues with impact beyond own team based on knowledge of related disciplines
• Expert understanding of related aspects of planning, purchasing, and logistics processes and/or systems
• Knowledge of financial mechanism that relates to planning, purchasing, and logistics
• Expert understanding of planning concepts and requirements (e.g., CRP (Capacity Requirement Planning), MRP (Material Requirements Plan), Production Scheduling and Sequencing
• Expert understanding of Sales, Inventory and Operating Planning (SIOP or S&OP)
• Expert understanding of ROHAS and other raw material regulations
• Demonstrated ability to manage assigned team and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of planning, purchasing, and logistics to the business
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Frequently interacts with customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company; often leads a cooperative effort among members of a project team
• Participate and present at meetings with internal and external representatives
• Resolve operational and scheduling issues
• Dedicated to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
• Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
• Develop relationships and leverage them to influence change
• Support and solicit input from team members at all levels within the organization
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.