Edwards Lifesciences Sr. Training Supervisor in Cartago, Costa Rica
Supervise a team of employees in conducting technical training activities
• Supervise technical training employees (e.g., trainers, technicians and trainees) and training activities including, but not limited to: ensuring staff is appropriately trained to perform assigned work and EHS requirements, management of training materials, assist with delivery and collection of productivity, quality, and training metrics of staff and trainees, provide regular progress reports and training metrics to management and cross-functional stakeholders, oversee and coach daily execution of trainer methods and tools.
• Accountable for learning curve and quality metrics of staff, and provide regular progress reports to management and cross-functional stakeholders, and leading improvement opportunities related to the transition and integration of new and certified employees into production/commercial activities with responsibilities for all project outcomes of assigned unit/group of employees.
• Provide feedback and/or conduct performance reviews of Technical Training staff including resolving performance issues
• Develop, plan, and schedule Screening, Work Trial, and training activities (e.g., training room set-up) in response to Master Product Schedule (MPS) and New Product Introduction (NPI) timing; present summary of plan to management.
• Analyze workmanship deficiencies in production and implement corrective measures within the training program
• Accountable for all post training effectiveness programs, metrics and responses required to monitor and or improve performance
• Lead improvement projects, working with cross-site partners from Global Technical Training Team and well as other areas (engineering on investigations and/or corrective actions), perform non-conformance investigations for review with engineering, assure documentation content is valid
• Guide and coach entry level supervisors
• Prepare training records and reports to ensure audit compliance
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in related field , 5 years years experience of previous related experience and substantial technical knowledge in assigned work area, and sufficient experience in related manufacturing, quality and/or product development engineering, with skill levels exceeding the requirements of the Supervisor II, with full responsibility for all personnel including hire/fire authority and handling all aspects of employee relations Required or
Technical Diploma in in related field, 7 years years experience supervisory experience Required or
Associate's Degree or equivalent in in related field, 7 years years experience supervisory experience Required
Other: Experience leading and fostering multi-cultural teams with cultural sensitivity Required
Other: Experience working in a medical device industry Preferred
• Solid working knowledge of training related methodologies and effectiveness measures
• Proven project management expertise
• Proven expertise in both Microsoft Office Suite and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, preferably JDE
• Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills; possessing strong collaboration skills in partnering with cross functional stakeholders in order to achieve objectives, as well as mediating and negotiating the needs of other areas to achieve consensus
• Full understanding of training and manufacturing procedures related to all stages of own area of responsibility
• Ability to analyze and adjust line/operation layouts to improve efficiency
• Full understanding of all aspects of processes and equipment used in assigned work
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and Six Sigma
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.