Edwards Lifesciences Sr Supv, Manufacturing in Cartago, Costa Rica
Supervise employees and activities across areas of manufacturing for smooth and continuous operations.
• Supervise employees and manufacturing activities pertaining to the production of products and/or manufacturing processes in - and with manufacturing/technical knowledge of - multiple production areas, depending on the complexity of the areas, to ensure the specifications and procedures of the company, in addition to conducting performance reviews, including resolving performance issues
• Lead complex improvement projects, partner with engineering on investigations and/or corrective actions, perform non-conformance investigations for review with engineering, assures documentation content is valid including designing, implementing and optimizing procedures and working methods
• Establish the scheduling of work orders and team performance metrics, including monitoring output and adjusting schedules to ensure production targets are achieved
• Accountable for productivity and quality metrics of staff, and provide regular progress reports and manufacturing metrics to management and cross-functional stakeholders, including developing resolutions as needed to improve metrics achievement
• Ensure appropriate staffing for all positions
• Accountable to ensure staff is appropriately trained to perform assigned work
• Document owner for assigned product line assembly procedures
• Responsible for all project outcomes of assigned unit/group of employees
• May guide and mentor entry level supervisors
• May provide management duties in the absence of Manager
• Other incidental duties (e.g. occasional photo copying or deliveries)
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in related field (e.g, industrial, chemical, electrical, mechanical) and in-depth technical knowledge and experience in assigned work area, and substantial experience in related manufacturing, quality and/or product development engineering, with skill levels exceeding the requirements of the Supervisor II, 4 years experience previous related experience with full responsibility for all personnel including hire/fire authority and handling all aspects of employee relations in manufacturing, quality and/or product development engineering. Required
Experience working in a medical device industry Preferred
• Proven project management expertise
• Proven expertise in both Microsoft Office Suite and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (doesn’t apply for DR), preferably JDE
• Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills; possessing strong collaboration skills in partnering with cross functional stakeholders in order to achieve objectives, as well as mediating and negotiating the needs of other areas to achieve consensus
• High proficiency in reading, comprehending, writing, and speaking English and Spanish
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.