Edwards Lifesciences Sr Spec, HR Generalist / Employee Relations in Cartago, Costa Rica
The Sr Specialist, HR Solutions will enable a best in class employee experience through subject matter expertise, consultation, and service delivery for the assigned function. This includes the implementation, delivery, and management of innovative HR solutions. This role is an escalation point for the HRS Representative (Tier 1) to provide specialist expertise to triage and resolve HR cases. This role works directly with people leaders, employees, and the HRBP function to meet human resources needs and provides inputs to program design
• Optimize program development across multiple pillars to improve the employee experience, balanced with function-specific needs and drivers. Provide recommendations, alternative solutions and insights to Functional Team Leaders to continuously improve HR Knowledge Base and Case Management content
• Lead in the implementation and delivery of end-to-end solutions to provide a best in class employee experience for assigned HRS pillar (e.g., WFA, Comp/Ben, Payroll, TA, TML, or ER). Possess skills and experience to provide solutions across multiple pillars.
• Lead in the continuous improvement and champion overall continuous improvement processes (e.g., to reduce inquiry volume, reduce task execution turnaround time).
• Engage with third-party providers to establish, develop, and review the suite of services, and ensure that third-party vendors adhere to established service level agreements.
• Address escalated complex inquiries and act as reviewer/approver of transactions, as applicable. Provide coaching and guidance to lower level HRS team members.
• Consolidate team input for the development and delivery of moderately complex communication materials related to programs, plans, policies, processes.
• Perform audits and validations of transactions. Examine and verify data for accuracy and consistency.
• Proactively stay up to date on trends and developments, proactively providing ideas and recommendations to leaders regarding best practices and trends. Work to enhance the capability of self and team.
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in related filed, 5 years years experience of work experience in Human Resources with relevant experience in managing HR processes for the assigned function Required
• Relevant experience in multiple HRS pillars
• Experience with interacting and supporting all levels of management is strongly preferred
• Experience managing HR system data and processes preferred
• Experience and understanding of HR enabling technologies (e.g., case management, employee and manager self-service) and how they work within a customer service business environment (ServiceNow preferred)
• Experience with an ERP system (Workday preferred)
• Experience with Microsoft tools and applications required
• Results-oriented mindset (high sense of urgency, determination, tenacity, etc.).
• Professional, high energy, engaging personality that comes across over the telephone.
• Highly articulate, well-developed, effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Extensive knowledge of standard business practices and professionalism in a customer service environment are essential
• Extensive specialized knowledge of end-to-end HR solutions in assigned function to deliver a best in class employee experience
• Possess a sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution
• Understanding of HR enabling technologies and how they work within a customer service business environment
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.