Edwards Lifesciences Sr. Operations Manager in Cartago, Costa Rica
Manage team to ensure smooth and continuous operations in manufacturing.
• Manage supervisors, people managers, and/or experienced professionals/SMEs and/or oversee the work of one or more areas, functionalities, and/or locations in with increased complexity. Drive manufacturing culture, engage staff morale, and ensure employees' safety. Provide recommendations and implement workforce planning
• Responsible for achieving and/or exceeding critical manufacturing operations metrics (e.g., P vs A, yields, cycle times, absorption, LIFR) while ensuring inventory coverage and tactical execution of business objectives with cross-functional teams
• Manage plant operations including execution of build plans and maintaining adequate line capacity with ability to resolve and prevent diverse and complex issues while meeting cost and quality targets
• Develop a robust talent development plan in alignment with functional growth strategies of the department.
• Lead the negotiation on solutions and reaching consensus with cross-functional groups to drive business line continuity and/or continuous improvement of manufacturing areas
• Plan and manage multiple complex manufacturing projects (e.g., BEx initiatives and plant projects) with the accountability for successful completion of all project deliverables to the business within established schedule, scope, and quality objectives. Lead in identifying risk, developing mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolving issues, etc. in collaboration with cross functional groups. Lead efforts to optimize business processes and systems by assessing business needs and developing, proposing and implementing technology solution options
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in business processes in the area of responsibility. Define effective and efficient business process workflow, including process modifications in partnership with stakeholders
• Other incidental duties: Ensure high level execution and planning for the Annual Operating Plan
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in related field skill levels exceeding the requirements of the Manager Required and
Demonstrated track record in operations management Required
Experience working in a regulated industry Preferred
• Proven successful project management leadership skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel and manufacturing systems (e.g. JDE)
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Expert understanding of manufacturing procedures while identifying applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems
• Expert understanding of related aspects of manufacturing processes and/or systems
• Expert knowledge of financial acumen as it relates to manufacturing
• Demonstrated ability to manage one or more teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of manufacturing to the business
• Expert understanding of Capacity and Planning Analysis
• Expert knowledge of Process Validation
• Knowledge and adherence to applicable regulatory requirements (e.g., ISO 13485, ISO14001)
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and Six Sigma
• Frequently interacts with internal and external management and senior-level stakeholders concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications
• Lead briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives
• Require the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship
• Dedicated to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
• Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
• Provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams to successfully implement global enterprise systems and related solutions
• Develop relationships and leverage them to influence change
• Support and solicit input from team members at all levels
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.