Edwards Lifesciences Sr Mgr Engineering in Cartago, Costa Rica
Manage team to ensure smooth and continuous operations in engineering.
• Plan and direct complex project activities with large scale or significant business impact with the accountability for successful completion of all project deliverables to the business and develop project plans and schedule, scope, and quality objectives. Lead in identifying risk, developing mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolving issues, etc. in collaboration with cross functional groups
• Manage supervisors, managers, and/or experienced professionals and/or oversee the work of one or more areas, functionalities, and/or locations and have some budgetary responsibilities
• Lead cross-functional and/or departmental groups to develop and provide design recommendations that integrate into complex component(s) or product(s)
• Lead efforts to optimize business processes and systems by assessing business needs and developing, proposing and implementing technology solution options.
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in related fieldwith skill levels exceeding the requirements of the Manager Required and
Other: Demonstrated track record in management of technical and/or engineering disciplines Required
Experience working in a regulated industry Preferred
• Proven successful project management leadership skills
• Proven expertise in both Microsoft Office Suite and related systems
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Expert understanding of engineering procedures while identifying applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems
• Expert understanding of related aspects of engineering processes and/or systems
• Knowledge of financial acumen as it relates to engineering
• Demonstrated ability to manage one or more teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of engineering to the business
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.