Edwards Lifesciences Solution Mixing Tech in Cartago, Costa Rica
Perform solutions mixing of a wide variety of raw materials and chemicals, including hazardous chemicals, used in the manufacturing process.
• Prepare and process solutions, handling chemicals for use in tissue treatment and other manufacturing operations, using computerized mixing systems and manual steps to apply chemicals in the precise measurement and sequencing, and loading finished solutions for transfer to clean room
• Monitor viability of solution tank contents based on shelf-life, disposing of used and expired materials in waste tanks, and tracking waste level records to ensure waste levels are not exceeded
• Ensure preventive maintenance schedules are performed; monitor inventory levels of chemical components, requesting materials from warehouse as needed based on established re-order levels
• Review, follow and perform job functions in compliance with established work instructions and adherence with SOPs, including recording traceable information in device history record and entering data in JDE
• Assist Engineering in developing and testing revisions to process systems
• Extract solution samples for chemical testing, records critical parameters for chemical processing
• Other incidental duties: (e.g. general housekeeping of work station)
Education and Experience:
H.S. Diploma or equivalent 6 years years experience of previous GMP, cleanroom, medical device experience Required or
Bachelor's Degree some experience with solutions mixing and automated equipment Required
• Basic computer skills required
• Ability to read, comprehend and speak English, and good communication skills required
• Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
• Must be able to promote and work in a team environment, including exchanging work methodology feedback and other information related to improving performance of required tasks
• Must be medically evaluated and deemed fit to wear respirators
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.