Edwards Lifesciences PMO Analyst II in Cartago, Costa Rica
Initiates, plans, executes, controls and manages all aspects of project(s) to ensure ultimate project success.
• Determines and discerns detailed requirements on mid-to-large scale projects to establish the project deliverables and develop the project management plan, and manage changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs to keep the project management plan updated and reflective of authorized project changes
• Establishes and coordinates team members and stakeholder relationships, expectations, and communications
• Assesses project performance to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify variances, perform required corrective actions and communicate to all stakeholders
• Leads the execution of tasks as defined in the project management plan and actively manage project risk.
• Facilitates the creation and approval of business cases, and utilizes historical data and expert judgment in order to understand project limitations
• Manages project closure activities, including gathering lessons learned
• Actively leads one or more Project Management Office (PMO) continuous improvement activities
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in related field, 5 years years experience of hands on experience managing mid-to-large scale projects Required
• Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite and related project management systems
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Extensive understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to managing mid to large scale project plans
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Excellent understanding and work experience with project budgets and financial management
• Good leadership skills and ability to influence change
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams and key contact representing the organization on contracts or projects
• Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.