Edwards Lifesciences Pest Control/Building Sr Technician in Cartago, Costa Rica
Applies maintenance tasks to the facilities equipment to ensure ongoing optimum performance, in compliance with EHS and other applicable quality and regulatory guidelines. Additionally provide support to the building maintenance and services areas.
• Perform daily (both) scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance routines to the equipment assigned to avoid down times
• Perform daily routines to verify special conditions for controlled areas such as clean rooms and fill the required forms in compliance with applicable quality and regulatory procedures. May assist the contractors or coordinate with them basic maintenance or special projects
• Perform daily inspection routines including production facility environmental support systems to ensure operation within specifications
• May assist the contractors or coordinate with them basic maintenance or special projects
• Other incidental duties assigned by management
Education and Experience:
H.S. Diploma or equivalent in and technical degree, no experience required
• Good communication skills
• Able to read and comprehend English preferred
• Basic computer skills, including MS Office and Internet Explorer
• Moderate knowledge of routine preventive maintenance of facilities equipment (included but no limited to: air compressors, air handlers, Chillers, air conditioner units)
• General refrigeration, electricity, plumber knowledge
• General knowledge of PLC and electromechanical control systems is a plus
• Ability to identify problems and relevant issues in straightforward situations, assessing using standard procedures
• Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to general and controlled spaces
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to work under close and continuing supervision
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.