Edwards Lifesciences Packager Lead in Cartago, Costa Rica
Prepares packaging and labeling for finished products, in keeping with regulatory and company guidelines.
• Inspect labels and packaging to ensure quality, regulatory and SOP standards are strictly met while working independently at the highest levels of quality and productivity
• Package products, generate labels, and place labels on packaging, in strict keeping with quality, regulatory and SOP standards.
• Perform line clearance, i.e., cleaning and sanitizing work stations at the start of the shift and when transitioning to next work orders. Ensure all required components and tools are ready for the build.
• Oversee all packaging operations to ensure they are being performed correctly, including outer and inside packaging procedures, integrity peel-testing, and re-labeling and packaging of warehouse returns and NCR repairs, and palletization of product to send to outside sterilization services, including proposing solutions and improvements to packaging operations
• Ensure packaging priorities are set and met by the team and that labor standards are achieved by the team while consistently maintaining compliance
• Review, follow and perform job functions in compliance with established work instructions and adherence with SOPs, including recording traceable information on device history records and may enter information into JDE.
• Fully proficient in JDE and may be assigned super-user, performing all related JDE functions, including closing work order operations and issuing packaging materials from floor stock inventory
• Coach workers, providing feedback on quality of work and guidance to improve performance, in absence of Supervisor
• Perform THV Print Label Verification
• Escalate production and staff issues to supervisor
• May partner with technical staff to align on defect determinations
• On time arrival to work, regular attendance without excessive absenteeism, and working a full 8 hour or longer work period
• Other incidental duties: General work area housekeeping
Education and Experience:
H.S. Diploma or equivalent Preferred
2 years experience related experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams, coach others, and transfer knowledge
• Strong English language skills, including reading, comprehending, speaking and writing along with excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills, including ability to convey training in methodology and procedures
• Adhere to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
• Proven ability to complete, retain, and incorporate training coursework in the performance of new and advanced work procedures
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision by following detailed manufacturing instructions
• Work in a Team environment, primarily work with technical staff, as well as with colleagues and supervisor in a team environment, and may also work on inter-departmental teams
• Strict attendance to detail and ability to comply with standards
• Ability to oversee and perform all packaging operations
• Extensive knowledge of manufacturing procedures
• Ability to lead team in absence of Supervisor or Group Leader
• Proficient computer skills required with in-depth understanding of documentation and JDE transactions
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.