Edwards Lifesciences Mgr, Facilities Operations in Cartago, Costa Rica
Responsible for ensuring all facilities related equipment is maintained in compliance with established Preventive Maintenance systems in the Costa Rica plant.
• Manage staff and/or of third party facilities services provider for day-to-day preventative maintenance, work requests, equipment repairs, quality/training compliance.
• Manage facilities operations vendor order and payment process in coordination with appropriate counterparts in indirect sourcing and finance groups
• Ensure manufacturing facilities support equipment is maintained in accordance with preventive maintenance system requirements
• Ensure all regulatory and quality system requirements are met for all facilities services such as Janitorial, Pest Control, Landscaping ,HVAC, Compressed Air, etc.
• Manage vendor service providers such as janitorial, landscaping, electrical, HVAC, plumbing etc.
• Provide input to local management on budget and option selections.
• Collaborate with manufacturing management to optimize availability of critical facilities
• Oversee day to day Security service provider operations.
• Proactively seek and deliver improved processes and tools to enhance productivity, lower costs, improve efficiency and better support the customer.
• Ensure facilities operations compliance with established Environmental Health and Safety program.
• Maintaining the Business Continuity Procedure and a state-of-readiness towards potential business interruptions.
• Support facilities related projects in coordination with construction/project management staff.
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in in related field with skill levels exceeding the requirements of the Manager, minimum of 10 years years experience of experience in a similar facility leadership role. Extensive knowledge of building support systems including, electrical, HVAC and water systems required. Experience supporting complex facility environments including assembly space, foodservice facilities, lab environments, and clean rooms. Work experience in a fast moving, dynamic, changing environment. Work effectively on multiple projects in parallel. Required and
Other: Demonstrated track record in management of technical and/or engineering disciplines Required
Other: Experience working in a regulated industry Preferred
• Proven successful project management leadership skills
• Proven expertise in both Microsoft Office Suite and related systems
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Expert understanding of engineering procedures while identifying applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems
• Expert understanding of related aspects of engineering processes and/or systems
• Knowledge of financial acumen as it relates to engineering
• Demonstrated ability to manage one or more teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of engineering to the business
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, self-motivated, and analytical with great facility technical skills. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skills, and/or ability needed to perform the job successfully. Able to communicate effectively with a broad audience, including all levels of employees, corporate and business unit counterparts, and external contacts (e.g., government bodies, industry trade associations, business partners)
• A strong proficiency with facilities management systems, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to effectively work with contractors and manage vendor relationshipsx000D
Experience managing operational expense budgets and forecasting
• Fluent in English and Spanish. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex procedural requirements.
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.