Edwards Lifesciences Material Handler in Cartago, Costa Rica
Ensures the receipt and transfer of materials as needed for manufacturing lines to ensure continuous production, in compliance with local EH&S guidelines, Edwards procedures, and other applicable regulations.
• Receive material requisitions from the warehouse, sent material to warehouse. Place orders for materials to the warehouse. Supply the production lines for materials, fixtures and tools. Load materials to WO in JDE.
• Entry and exit of flammable substances from the clean room. Supply lines with alcohol swabs. Perform packaging of goods for shipment, create pick list and invoices for outbound shipments including airway bills in JDE, TRAX, and Forwarder software
• Make and prepare materials for cleaning
• Prepare documentation for the new lines. Preparation of materials and supplies for the new lines
• Perform monthly inventory cycle counts and annual physical inventory count
• Changes and set up of the lines. Update production tools (line screens). Collect all utensils from the floor inside the clean room
• Other incidental duties: General work area housekeeping and visual inspection of storage containers
Education and Experience:
H.S. Diploma or equivalent in strongly preferredNo previous related experience required; previous experience in a warehouse environment and forklift operation Preferred
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent years experience
• Basic computer skills with working knowledge of computer systems or software, which typically may include JDE, TRAX, and Forwarder, preferred
• Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to warehouse operations and clean room medical device manufacturing
• Ability to read, interpret and comprehend policies and procedures (English Speaking, preferred)
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including with peers in manufacturing, and with minimum supervision by following detailed established work instructions
• Strict attention to detail and accuracy
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.