Edwards Lifesciences HR Specialist, Employee Health (COVID) in Cartago, Costa Rica
The HR Specialist, Employee Health (COVID) will act as the first point of contact in the reporting, identifying, and managing employees through the case management and contact tracing process.
• Provide guidance to COVID Response HR Lead to improve the employee experience, balanced with protocols and processes associated with re-integration and contact tracing including providing input on processes. Provide recommendations and insights to the Team Leader to continuously improve HR Knowledge Base and Case Management content.
• Create end to end process documentation, procedures, work instructions, and maintain the Knowledge Base and Case Management content to resolve inquiries. Identify continuous improvement processes (e.g., to reduce inquiry volume, reduce task execution turnaround time)
• Engage with third-party providers to establish, develop, and review the suite of services, and ensure that third-party vendors adhere to established service level agreements
• Delegate and escalate clinical inquiries that require medical triage as appropriate but remain responsible for the COVID case through completion by tracking progress and providing continuous updates to employees.
• Provide input to improve COVID Knowledge Base and Case Management content for their assigned function, based on their user experience.
• Perform audits and validations of transactions. Examine and verify data for accuracy and consistency.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in a related field with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in Human Resources with relevant experience in managing HR and/or health related processes for the assigned function Required
Experience with interacting and supporting all levels of management Preferred
Experience managing HR system data and processes Required
Relevant experience in multiple HRS pillars Required
• Experience and understanding of HR enabling technologies (e.g., case management, employee and manager self-service) and how they work within a customer service business environment (ServiceNow preferred)
• Experience with an ERP system (Workday preferred)
• Experience with Microsoft tools and applications required
• Results-oriented mindset (high sense of urgency, determination, tenacity, etc.).
• Professional, high energy, engaging personality that comes across over the telephone.
• Possess a sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution
• General understanding of employment legislation and compliance for the relevant jurisdiction
• Support consistency and common standards and leading and driving local continuous improvement and cost efficiencies
• Ability to leverage a variety of technology to support inquiry resolution (i.e., ServiceNow’s Case Management and Knowledge Base modules), including capture, track, and follow up on information
• Ability to use appropriate judgment in involving the next level (escalation) or other resources in decision making or processing
• Adaptability and creativity in problem solving
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English and any additional required language (both written and spoken)
• Ability to partner with and build relationships across all levels of the organization
• Ability to manage stressful situations and conflicting priorities, both in support of the HR team and their customers, or employees or people leaders
• Strong attention to detail and high work standards in support of seamless execution
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.