Edwards Lifesciences Group Lead in Cartago, Costa Rica
Provides operational and administrative support across areas of manufacturing for smooth and continuous operations.
• Monitor production staff to ensure that they are appropriately trained and certified for assigned work, and may conduct SOP/procedural training, including reviewing production documentation for accuracy. Gather feedback from line operators on production processes, and develop and propose alternate approaches to resolve production issues
• Schedule and determine work order sequencing in keeping with the established production schedule to ensure plan is met, including assessing team performance metrics and working with production planning staff.
• Perform JDE transactions that include ordering materials from warehouse, back flush (close operations), terminate components to floor stock, generate work orders, and perform cycle counts.
• Mediate technical issues directly with engineering staff to ensure continuous line production.
• Lead and participate in procedural compliance audits
• Escalate production and staff issues to supervisor as deemed warranted to ensure appropriate attention and action.
• On time arrival to work, regular attendance without excessive absenteeism, and working a full 8 hour or longer work period
• Other incidental duties: Prints and distributes production documentation. Participate in Product/Process failure analysis and improvement projects. Fills in at line positions for brief relief periods as needed.
Education and Experience:
H.S. Diploma or equivalent 6 years years experience directly related experience, including leading assembly work teams Required
Other: additional previous assembly line experience in a related industry Preferred
• Computer proficiency, e.g., email, JDE, and electronic documentation systems
• Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills
• Ability to use required hand tools, hand eye coordination, and high manual dexterity
• Advanced level of understanding of manufacturing procedures
• Knowledgeable in all operations for multiple models and other production areas (model/operation)
• Ability to guide other workers/colleagues in understanding operations and quality standards
• Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
• Proven ability to complete, retain, and incorporate training coursework in the performance of new and advanced work procedures
• Must be able to work in a team environment and with minimum supervision by following detailed manufacturing instructions
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.