Edwards Lifesciences EHS Technician in Cartago, Costa Rica
Perform EHS maintenance, testing, and other related duties, in keeping with regulatory and company guidelines.
Assist in program management of specific EHS programs assigned by EHS Manager (for example: Forklift, LOTO Programs, etc.)
Conduct inspections and compliance reviews for laboratories and manufacturing. Follow up on closure reports.
Organize training on EHS programs to employees.
Participate in process hazard reviews of new and existing equipment to ensure EHS issues are addressed.
Collect and trend resource consumption (water, electricity, fuel, waste, emissions, etc.)
Assist in emergency response team activities to ensure facility is prepared in the event of an emergency.
Plan and execute EHS promotional and awareness programs to reduce plant injury rates
Other incidental duties: Provide guidance for the proper selection of personal protective equipment
Education and Experience:
Other: in Graduate from a recognized Technical Training institution, including completion of technical internship No previous related experience Required
basic knowledge of electricity Preferred
• Good communication skills
• Able to read and comprehend English
• Basic computer skills, including MS Office Suite
• Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision by following detailed manufacturing instructions
• Work in a Team environment
• Moderate knowledge of EHS maintenance, testing, and other related duties to the handling of hazardous waste materials
• Ability to provide feedback in a professional, direct, and tactful manner
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.