Edwards Lifesciences Director, Facilities Operations (Global Supply Chain) in Cartago, Costa Rica
*Position entails 50-75% travel
**Can be based out of the following Edwards' US and global sites: Irvine, CA / Draper, Utah / Anasco, Puerto Rico / Cartago, Costa Rica / Limerick, Ireland / Singapore / Haina, Dominican Republic
The Director, Facilities Operations will oversee global requirements for our manufacturing sites. The incumbent will interact with various functional departments to accomplish the Global Supply Chain (GSC) strategy across the sites focused on standardization, reliability, maintenance and security for GSC manufacturing sites. This position will work closely with our construction and EHS team to ensure the use of proper standards for the future of facility operations.
Supervise, lead and direct strategy around the sites
Develop and lead worldwide (WW) Engineering strategy, including industry benchmarks, industry influences, goals and objectives, stakeholders, risks and opportunities
Conduct FCI and follow the activities with the sites.
Partnership with FM Global on sites respond and evaluation
Develop the Facilities Standards for critical equipment and Maintenance.
Support the digital Strategy related to BMS, SCADA and Maximo.
Support the sites with new equipment selection and overhauling and replacement.
Standardized a cross the sites the maintenance program for utilities and manufacturing equipment.
WW services agreements for common critical equipment.
WW KPI to ensure the proper maintenance and reliability on the sites.
Security access control strategy around our sites.
Partner with GSC leadership to develop and implement WW Facilities targets.
Partner with WW EHS engineering and construction GSC Team with regards to Facilities considerations in construction, including due diligence, LEED, equipment and standards.
Education and Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree and 10-15 years' relevant facilities operations leadership experience working in the life sciences industry (medical device, pharma, or biotech) that has a complex facility environment including assembly space, foodservice facilities, lab environments, and clean rooms.
Masters degree in related field with relevant facilities operations leadership experience with a life sciences company
Facilities operations leadership experience specifically in the medical device space
Additional Talents and General Expectations:
• Ability to influence and effectively work with contractors and manage vendor relationships
• Experience managing operational expense budgets and forecasting
• Proven successful project management leadership skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related tools and systems
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Expert understanding of facilities operations procedures while looking beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems
• Expert knowledge of building support systems including, electrical, HVAC and water systems
• Demonstrated ability to manage assigned team and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of facilities operations to the business
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Interacts with senior management, and others concerning matters of significance to the company
• Conduct business and technical briefings for senior and top management and for external representatives
• Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers; interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
• Dedicated to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
• Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
• Provide leadership and direction to large cross-functional teams to successfully implement global enterprise systems and related solutions
• Develop relationships and leverage them to influence change
• Support and solicit input from team members at all levels within the organization
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.