Edwards Lifesciences Director Eng Plant Ops in Cartago, Costa Rica
Manage team and responsible for facilities and reliability engineering functions within assigned manufacturing plant.
• Has overall responsibility of facilities and assets through their lifecycle including design, construction, implementation, and maintenance. Manage resources including expense priorities, capital and expense budgeting (e.g., AOP), and facilities and asset management (e.g., metrology/calibration, facility machine shop, critical systems, and spare parts. facilities and equipment maintenance, reliability engineering and other engineering services) Develop long term capital planning and execution plans aligned to the organization's strategy. Drive culture, engage staff morale and ensure employees' safety.
• Direct team members and develop a robust talent development and succession planning in alignment with functional growth strategies across the engineering organization
• Set facilities and equipment management, maintenance, asset management, predictive maintenance, and equipment reliability strategy around efforts to optimize business processes. Define and implement core competencies, by assessing business needs and developing, proposing and implementing solutions
• Collaborate with network leadership to develop operational strategy. Partner with cross-functional groups/resources to achieve tactical execution plans of business objectives to ensure operational excellence, risk identification and reduction in compliance with quality, safety, and environmental standards
• Negotiate and oversee the development and execution of plans, budgets and schedules for all facility and equipment modifications, expansions, shutdowns, infrastructure programs, capital investments for lifecycle management, capacity, upgrades and/or new construction in partnership with cross-functional teams. Anticipate business needs from an infrastructure standpoint and propose strategies to address
• Responsible for general plant-wide manufacturing and shared services, contract management (e.g., security, cafe, cleaning services, services and service contracts, pest control) and establishing appropriate performance measures, SLA (Service Level Agreements), and standards
• Collaborate with BU, Corporate, and other plants in the Global Supply Chain network maintain processes standardization and leverage best practices
• Responsible for and drive the implementation of site facilities master plan. Oversight on cleanroom qualification, construction, controlled manufacturing drawings/procedures, and validations of the manufacturing plant
• Drive a value stream mindset and culture of continuous improvement based on lean and Six Sigma principles and EW Production System (EPS)
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in Engineering (e.g., Mechanical, Electronic) skill levels exceeding the requirements of the Senior Manager and experience in facilities and asset management Required and
Demonstrated track record in operations management Required
Experience working in a regulated industry Preferred
• Proven successful project management leadership skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel and manufacturing systems
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Expert understanding of engineering procedures while looking beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems
• Expert understanding of related aspects of facilities and asset management
• Expert knowledge of financial acumen as it relates to facilities and asset management
• Demonstrated ability to direct teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of facilities and asset management to the business
• Serve as core partner to senior leaders in Business Units, Functional Groups, Regions and IT
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and Six Sigma
• Interacts with senior management, and others concerning matters of significance to the company
• Conduct business and technical briefings for senior and top management and for external representatives
• Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers; interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
• Dedicated to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
• Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
• Provide leadership and direction to large cross-functional teams to successfully implement global enterprise systems and related solutions
• Develop relationships and leverage them to influence change
• Support and solicit input from team members at all levels within the organization
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
20% % required
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.