Edwards Lifesciences CRI_Sr Engr, Facilities in Cartago, Costa Rica
Ensure smooth operation of facilities and building systems in Costa Rica manufacturing plan including but not limited to process water system, HVAC system, clean room support, boiler system, incoming power, water supply, air compressed system, building maintenance, fire protection system, sanitary system and janitorial service.
• Continual review of facilities and building systems for equipment capacity and reliability. Lead in the system upgrading and/or improvement projects including validation requirement for Dry and Wet Plant
• Lead the development of preventive maintenance program to maintain and improve all facilities and building systems reliability, as well as establish and implement preventive and predictive maintenance programs for both Dry and Wet Plant, including but not limited to compressed air, water sanitization systems, HVAC systems
• Leading all construction needs, according to local laws and requirements in addition to quality and EHS regulations
• Lead cross functional operation and quality team to resolve facilities system or quality related issues. Lead facilities operations meetings to discuss all projects handling
• Identify and administrate all site contractor’s needs, for facilities, EHS, construction, equipment, security, housekeeping, as well as day to day handling of the facility needs with the administration of the Lima Free Zone
• Review, approve and assign day to day tasks to technicians maintaining facilities reliability and support internal customers’ requests
• Establish an EHS and facilities culture, monitor and maintain facilities systems and procedures to comply with regulatory, quality and EHS policies. Implement and lead facilities internal audits.
• Provide training and guidance to facilities technicians to achieve department goals for facilities and building systems reliability
• Participate in annual budgeting as well as Wet plant project and ensure spending meets objectives
• Other incidental duties assigned by Leadership
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in Engineering or related field , 7 years years experience of working experience in the manufacturing environment preferred from medical related industries and with good engineering background on facilities and building systems Required
Other: Experience working in a medical device manufacturing environment Preferred
Other: Construction Projects experience Preferred
• Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills including consultative and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
• Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to influence change
• Proven success adhering to and leading project schedules and managing projects
• Substantial understanding and knowledge of facilities systems and preventive maintenance programs
• Substantial knowledge of facilities related government regulations, GMP, and EHS
• Strong problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Good leadership skills and ability to influence change
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams and key contact representing the organization on contracts or projects
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.