Edwards Lifesciences Assoc Sewers Magna Stents in Cartago, Costa Rica
Applies skill and dexterity in the sewing of tissue and non-tissue components used to produce medical devices, in keeping with regulatory and company guidelines.
• Use tools – needles, scissors, forceps, specialized tooling, microscope – to perform assigned steps, in rotation, in the sewing assembly of valves
• Perform verifications, against specifications, of completed steps, and successive checks on steps completed by work team colleagues
• Review, follow and perform job functions in compliance with established work instructions and adherence with SOPs, including recording traceable information on device history records
• On time arrival to work, regular attendance without excessive absenteeism, and working a full 8 hour or longer work period
• Other incidental duties: General work area housekeeping
Education and Experience:
H.S. Diploma or equivalent Previous sewing, GMP, clean room, medical device experience Preferred
Other: No previous related experience Required
• Basic computer skills required
• Good hand eye coordination, required
• Ability to read, comprehend and speak English, and good communication skills required
• Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
• Must be able to work in a team environment and with minimum supervision by following detailed manufacturing instructions
• Successful completion of ongoing job training of assembly process steps
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.