Edwards Lifesciences Technical Services Engineer in Beijing, China
Provide technical support and services covering installation, upgrade, repair, maintenance, sample units management and in service/ training.
• Collaborate with senior team member in providing technical support and services covering installation, upgrade, repair, maintenance, sample units management and in service/ training
• Provide the technical service reports to the management after customer visits and on-site services
• Allocate and track loan/ rental/ trial/ demo/ sample equipment
• Provide technical data on products to sales team and ensure that information provided is accurate, timely and in accordance with Edwards’ policies and procedures
• Assess and provide feedback on the best solutions for the specifications of hardware and software
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Engineering/ Biomedical Engineering or related field, 1 Year years experience Technical Engineer/Service Engineer in Medical or Pharmaceutical companies Required and
Other: Experience working in a medical device and/or regulated industry Preferred
• Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to learn complex products through independent learning
• Good computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; JDE or equivalent experience preferred
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• General knowledge of the medical device industry preferred
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including immediate supervisor and other team members in the section or group; and may interact with vendors
• Ability to build stable working relationships internally
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.