Edwards Lifesciences Staff Engineer, NPD Operations in Anasco All Locs, Puerto Rico
Provides expertise in the optimization of manufacturing processes.
• Lead in the identification and ensure implementation of opportunities to optimize/improve manufacturing processes and products transfers/development including using engineering methods (e.g., SIX Sigma and LEAN methods) employing technical design skills to re-design/design of and ensure equipment, tools, fixtures, etc. are up to standards
• Drive the development and manage the execution of complex experiments and tests (including writing and executing protocols) on a simple product line to qualify and validate manufacturing processes and products; analyze results, make recommendations, and develop reports
• Train, coach, and guide lower level employees on more complex procedures
• Oversee manufacturing support tasks; give instruction to engineers/ technicians on conducting tests; train engineers/ technicians and provide feedback; and coordinate engineer/ technician work
• Lead and establish complex project plans to ensure deliverables are completed to customer’s expectations, using project management tools (e.g., Project Plan, Risk Analysis, etc.)
• Analyze and resolve complex Products, Manufacturing and Compliance issues (e.g., CAPA, non-conformances, audit observations)
• Develop training and documentation materials (e.g., work instructions) for production to enable the seamless knowledge transfer of project and manufacturing processes
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Scientific field with minimum of 6 years of experience, including either industry or industry/education, required; or
Master's Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Scientific field with minimum of 5 years of experience, including either industry or industry/education, required; or Ph.D. or equivalent in Engineering or Scientific field with minimum of 2 years of experience, including either industry or industry/education, required.
• Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite; CAD experience preferred
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
• Ability to translate technical information to all levels of the organizations
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Engineering
• Advanced problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Extensive understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
• Strong leadership skills and ability to influence change
• Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts
• Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.