Edwards Lifesciences Staff Analyst, Business Systems in Anasco All Locs, Puerto Rico
The Staff Business Systems Analyst (Staff BSA) has accountability for implementing and optimizing solutions that improve business process efficiencies and effectiveness. The Staff BSA is an Internal Consultant that has the domain expertise of technologies, applications, and solutions to improve business processes. Additionally, they will serve as a mentor to junior level staff.
• Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in business processes in the area of responsibility. Lead efforts to reengineer and optimize business processes and systems.
• Lead, identify, design and implement information systems to meet business process requirements. Demonstrate a strong bias to configure commercially available “off the shelf” systems. Design, configure, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
• Lead and/or manage medium to larger sized projects / enhancements
• Configure and test systems to execute features, integration, and reporting
• Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of business process and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness
• Document and develop in-depth knowledge of applications and interfaces used to support business processes
• Serve as liaison between business process owners in Business Units, Functional Groups, Regions and IT
• Work with stakeholders in developing ROI based business cases for enhancements and small projects
• Provide mentorship to lower level BSAs
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field with 8 years of experience in Sr Business Systems Analyst role, required; or Master's Degree or equivalent in computer science or related field with 6 years of experience in Sr Business Systems Analyst role, preferred and experience required in the following:
o Experience working in complex, matrixed environments
o Prior experience working in complex global business eenvironment
o Experience managing medium to large IT projects
o Prefer experience with Good Manufacturing/Good Documentation Practices (GxP) processes is a plus
o Prefer experience with FDA guidelines for Software Quality and Systems Validation is a plus
o Extensive understanding and knowledge of enterprise information systems such as ERP (such as JDE, SAP), PLM (TeamCenter, Agile), MES (such as CAMSTAR, APRISO, etc), CRM (such as Salesforce.com) APS (such as JDA, Manugistics, i2, SAP), QMS (such as Pilgrim, TrackWise, Master Control), LIMS (such as Labware), Calibration and Maintenance (such as Blue Mountain or Maximo) preferred
o Experience with identifying, integrating, and managing SaaS solutions and external vendors
• Strong ability to manage and deal with different cultures and nationalities
• Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills
• Strong interpersonal relations, written & verbal communication skills
• Organizational and project management skills a plus
• Possess and display sound judgment; initiative; flexibility and detail-orientation
• Ability to develop and maintain business and technical documentation
• Provide mentorship to lower level Business System Analysts
• Strong documentation skills
• Competent in handling multiple tasks with attention to detail, and perform duties with minimal supervision
• Ability to adapt to new technologies
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment
• Incumbent is self-motivated and frequently demonstrates initiative by going “above and beyond” performing what is required for the position. Examples include seeking and taking on an initiatives / projects beyond what is determined necessary, i.e. a significant stretch goal
• Authors/publishes whitepapers in relevant field demonstrating thought leadership
• Demonstrates creativity to develop and implement innovative, thought provoking, “out of the box” solutions and changes, rather than just incremental improvements
• Invests time in self-development/improvement – Ex. higher education, participation in developing and implementing solutions in areas outside of normal responsibilities
• Ability to map, troubleshoot, and optimize interfaces with multiple systems
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.