Edwards Lifesciences Sr Analyst, Planner/Buyer in Anasco All Locs, Puerto Rico
Plan the procurement of the material required to support Customer Demand and New Product introduction, and develop and execute the business unit production schedule.
• Lead in planning materials requirements and place purchase orders from suppliers to continuously support production schedules and new product launches, including:
o Negotiate prices and delivery
o Analyze price and inventory forecast and provide recommendation during the annual standard costing process
o Manage purchase orders using ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and vendor portal including analyzing current EW and VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory) levels
o Generate purchase orders using the Manufacturing Enterprise system
o Lead and oversee the implementation of complex procurements strategies that meet quality requirements and optimize cost, inventory, delivery and services while ensuring continued supply (favorable PPV)
o Lead cross functional teams to resolve obstacles to meeting the schedule, including, but not limited to, resolving issues with non-conforming material, unclear specifications, or vendor capacity constraints
o As a member of the Material Review Board (MRB), responsible for supplier related issues, including making recommendations on Quality reviews of rejected materials and collaborate with Quality to determine final dispositions
• Establish and maintain gross inventory targets including developing action plans
• Identify, plan and execute cost reduction and cycle time reduction initiatives
• Lead and develop the Manufacturing Production Plan based on input from the Master Production Schedule and or Project Team requirements
• Optimize and resolve production schedule issues that are impacting the manufacturing flow. Analyze resource availability, develop mid to large range capacity plans with manufacturing teams, and lead teams to ensure plans are met
• Generate work orders using the ERP
• Manage work order progress, including working with production supervision and other supporting departments (e.g., quality, microbiology, engineering) to ensure production plans are met
• Provide solutions to identified root cause analysis related to performance execution to GDM (Global Demand Management) on a weekly basis
• Collaborate with Engineering on validation requirements including impact analysis
• Lead improvement projects and participate in cross functional projects as needed. Update changes/parameters within MRP (Material Requirements Planning) in the Manufacturing Enterprise system. Monitor acquisition of equipment/assets through Capital Procurement Assets
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in related field with 5 years of previous related experience, required. Experience in purchasing and/or production control, preferred. Industrial Engineering degree and CPM and/ or CPIM certification preferred.
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Excel, and Word; ERP (e.g JDE) preferred
• Able to read, write, comprehend, and speak Spanish and English
• Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite required; integrated systems (e.g, JDE) and payroll systems (e.g ADP, TimeAide) preferred
• Excellent Presentation Skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
• Demonstrated problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Excellent communication, interpersonal relationship, and negotiation skills
• Work is performed independently on moderate projects and/or lines of work and reviewed for accuracy and soundness
• Full knowledge and understanding of Edwards policies, procedures and guidelines relevant to purchasing material and/or production control
• Full knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) and inventory management programs (e.g, JIT/Kanban, Min/Max)
• Full knowledge of market and economic indicators, practices and procurement procedures
• Advanced problem-solving skills
• Full knowledge of UCC and contract law preferred.
• Participates in determining objectives of assignment; arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives
• Good problem-solving skills
• Moderate knowledge of Total Quality Management and Supplier Partnering preferred.
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Accountable to adhere to applicable Edwards Environmental, Health and Safety and Quality System requirements to ensure our products and services consistently meet customer and regulatory requirements.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
• Ensure proper handling, storage and disposal of all waste generated in the facility according to applicable laws within the waste management program (RCRA). Prepare regulatory and/or internal reports, complete waste determinations, sign waste manifests and coordinate proper training sessions to affected personnel
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.